Wednesday, April 25, 2018

lauren update

my update: my update is a lot of the usual....chauffering kids to their various activities, and trying my best to keep up with a tidy and organized home, being a supportive wife, and being a mom that loves, teaches, and supports each kid. Now that I think a little bit about it. Some things I've done the past year are: making a cactus quilt with the Classy Quilters. I also sewed Levi a CTR quilt for his baptism.
Mom, Brooke, and I went to New Orleans for Brooke's 40th birthday. We had a lot of fun. My highlight I think was touring around at the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and walking around seeing all the neat colors of the old homes.
The beginning of the year I got released as primary chorister, which was a neat calling in that I learned to be aside my weaknesses and insecurities and bring to the table my strengths. So most Sundays, I was creative and made it fun, interesting, and engaging. My new calling is in YW as a mia maid advisor. I do love going to Sunday school to learn and watch Jeff teach and I love that i don't have to be "ON" every sunday like I was as a primary chorister.
In February I competed in my first Spartan Race. It was a "sprint" 4 miles and 25 obstacles. It was definitely challenging but a lot of fun to be pushed and physically challenged. I did it with Janet.
The past year we've slowly been updating our home. We've gotten new carpet, repainted, painted the piano, took out cabinets and put in floating shelves, new couches, and I think that's most of it. I love the changes we've made!

No comments: