Wednesday, June 2, 2010

she's krafty

Whenever I do anything crafty, I think of the Beastie Boys song, "She's Krafty." I'm sure they intended it to mean something else besides a mom of young kids doing crafts, but I rarely pay attention to lyrics I just like to dance to the beat of music. Back to the point of this post....I've been tapping into my creative side. I bought mod podge and had some fun. I turned some ordinary shoes into a hipper look and turned a boring stool into a hip and colorful stool. See pictures below. Sydney helped me create the funky stool picking out the color of paper and sayings and stuff. It was a fun project to do with her. I've also started to teach myself to crochet. I made a headband for Sydney and want to learn how to crochet a fun little flower to put on the headband. I like to crochet. I like to make a project and see results immediately. Yes, I wouldn't call myself a patient person so I tend to do projects that I can do in a small amount of time.
Before

After


Before

After

7 comments:

The Shaws said...

Very hip shoes! I love the words that Syd chose on the stool too. Such a girl:>

Kirsten said...

I love how those shoes turned out!

Amie said...

You did those shoes with modge podge??? Amazing

Coordination Queen said...

That is awesome! I'd like to see how the shoes hold up. They are very cute!

Unknown said...

nice job!!!

Josh, Kristin, Isabella and Carson said...

Too cute...very good crafty skills. I want to totally copy and do that to a stool for the kids bathroom. Love it!

Luisa said...

Who knew you could mod podge shoes?? That's cool. It's kind of like a different form of scrapbooking...I like it. That stool is super cute.