Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sydney and Jordyn updates

I know there are a ton of pictures but some people have been wanting an update on the girls. In these first few pictures the girls are together. Sydney and Jordyn are really starting to play and interact together. It very cute to see them talk and play together and the added bonus--I'm able to fold laundry and unload the dishwasher without them helping me.




We like to take the girls to the temple. This time however, Sydney had a strong desire to go inside. Once we weren't looking and I had to run across the huge lawn chasing after Sydney. She was running towards the doors screaming, "Jesus I want to see you." Of course the tears began to flow when I finally got a hold of her telling her she couldn't go inside. Thank you for visitor centers and the big statue of Jesus.
Here's Jordyn. She is growing so much. Sometimes I look at her and think, "how did she get so tall." Her first tooth finally broke through 2 days ago. At this point it will be strange to see her with teeth. She runs and is a climber just like her big sis. She climbs on chairs and the dinner table and anything else she can figure out. I really have to keep an eye on these two.

Jordyn is fascinated with the dryer. She loves to pull the dryer vent thing out.

I caught Jordyn in the drawer in our kitchen. She also loves to play with any kitchen utensils, mostly measuring cups. Another favorite is chewing on toothbrushes.

Just a great picture of her going down the slide. I told Syd to give her a push because she was sitting there for about 5 minutes.

NOW FOR SYDNEY.
She's been in gymnastics now for about a month. She loves to attempt handstands, cartwheels, and backbends. So our living room floor is now her floor exercise routine. She also uses our couch as vault for backflips. Like I mentioned earlier I have to keep my eyes on these two.
Syd at the park the other day. It was such a nice warm day that we had to take advantage of the outdoors.
Sydney is a treat to have around the house. She is a great help and is becoming such a big girl. Shey may be getting her adnoids out. We have an appt. the beginning of March so we'll see what the doctors say. She recognizes all her letters now (mostly the capital letters. We're still working on the lower case ones) and she is learning the sounds of them too. She picks up things quickly.


Syd loves to do her little flip from the bar. I hope this update of the girls give you a good sense of the things they're are doing and learning. Life is so much fun with them in our life and we love them so much.

9 comments:

Alice said...

I love the part, "Jesus I want to see you." That's awesome. She seems like a super funny girl.

Becca's Blog said...

Lauren,
So fun to catch up. We have got to get together and I need to get you those recipes. They are such darling girls! I love that Luke is in on the playing now. It is so rewarding to watch them interact in a positive way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new pictures! I loved Sydney's mad dash at the temple doors with her plaintive cry! Jordyn has really grown; I can hardly wait to see her soon. It is amazing that Syd can completely invert herself at 3. She surprises me. XOXOXO

The Shaws said...

Hooray for the tooth! Now she can put chocolate on it and smile.

Coordination Queen said...

They are darling! And so busy. Thankfully mb hasn't started doing flips of the couch, just the long jump.

William said...

The temple story is great. We were lucky enough to take the kids to the Rexburg Temple open house twice. Brooklyn loved it. She wants to go back. We are hoping to be able to take them to the Draper open house. Nice blog.

trimarie said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting these pictures! I miss seeing you all and love to see their beautiful faces. Love you, Trina :)

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

LOL "Jesus, I want to see you!" That's great! She is soo cute.

The Erickson Family said...

I love seeing pictures of your girls. Girls are so fun and don't they just say the cutest things?