Saturday, February 27, 2010

Belly, Bust, and Beyond

My friend took some pictures of me pregnant. I haven't done this with the other girls and I don't know how many kids we'll have so I wanted to capture my body, bust and beyond at full term. I don't plan on hanging these pictures up around my house and/or showing the others outside of my blog. I've always felt a little awkward with the whole pregnancy picture thing, maybe that's why I haven't done it before. Most of the pictures I saw online were with nude women and and there aren't a whole lot of poses. The cheesy poses i.e. the hubby "listening" to the belly make me laugh out loud. You're probably thinking I'm a cold, heartless mom right now. That's not it at all. I love when my kids and hubby talk and love on the baby, but trying to capture it w/ a picture seems to come out cheesy and not authentic. Anyway, I'll probably make my personal maternity scrapbook because I will want to see and reflect on my pregnancy. I'm thankful I can have this miraculous experience of conceiving life. It's a blessing and honor. Unfortunately I take it for granted. I hope having pictures of all sorts (even the cheesy ones) and writing about my thoughts and feelings will always remind me of the sacred opportunity to carry and bear life. Although I can't wait to hold and look into the eyes of my child and get back into my old clothes, I will miss my belly hitting into things. I will miss feeling the baby move inside, I will miss hearing the heart beat at the doctor, I will miss the anticipation of its' coming, I will miss my belly being a conversation starter, and I will miss seeing my body transform before my eyes because of the growth of the baby-- just another testimony to me that God is the Creator of all things.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful as well as the reflections of your feelings about carrying a child. thank you for sharing! I'm sure Smadge will enjoy seeing these images from the outside one day. XO

Kirsten said...

You have a cute belly! Can't wait to see your little one.

trimarie said...

Beautiful, Lauren! Can't wait for the big day or to see ?????

Coordination Queen said...

I love your belly! So cute.

Melissa said...

Those are beautiful! I hope you also put this blog post in your maternity scrap book because that was a really tender post. No, I didn't cry. Um...

TimShawSr said...

Hi Lauren;
What beautiful miraculous comments and pictures. I had no idea what I have been missing out on by not looking at all my families blogs. People have told me to look, but I just thought it was a string of conversations, and I always so "busy." I didn't know it would be this fabulous with pictures and all. I will be a regular visitor. Your comments are absolutely what a father wants to hear. I so appreciate your sensitivity and faith. The birth of all my children and grandchildren are overwhelming miracles to me. I agree the creation of life bears testimony of God's existence more than anything else. I have often tried to imagine what it must be like for a woman to feel that miracle occurring inside her own body. What a privilege you have. You literally are a temple. Lauren, I so appreciate your worthiness to be the chosen temple to bring forth my posterity. I loved you the first time I met you and knew you were choice beyond my understanding and that Jeff would be marring up to marry you. Words can't express the gratitude I feel for the wonderful wife and mother you are. As I get older I realize there is absolutely no greater joy than can come into my heart than to know all of my posterity are firm in their testimony of Jesus and living such lives that are evidence they are filled with his love. Thank you for providing a home that nurtures that. My prayers and faith will be with you this coming Wednesday when the day of miracle will occur!!!