Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas was awesome. I loved that it fell on a Sunday too. It's nice too that our ward didn't start until 1pm. Perfect timing. Is it weird that I think we should always go to church on Christmas day no matter what day it falls on? Before we let the kids run down the stairs to look at the presents, we sing a few Christmas songs and say a prayer. Christmas Eve night before bed, we read Luke 2. This year we taped paper on the walls so 1. they couldn't sneak a peak and 2. I just thought it would be fun to run through. They ran through the paper and then as every kid does when they see a bunch of presents on Christmas got a huge grin and there were some squealing, "ahh"-ing, and "oh my goodness" repeated multiple times throughout the ripping apart of paper to reveal the toy Santa gave them. Sydney and Jordyn both wanted a Barbie house, which they got. Gammie and Grandpa got them an American Doll, Grandpa Levin got them pet puppies that make noise and walk, Grandpa Tim got them books, Grandma Karen-a doll and money, Great Grandma Marianne-Disney shirt, pen, and brush, and we gave them their yearly photo album, aprons, and blankets I made for them way back in June when I was at my mom's house. After presents we ate some breakfast, played with toys, talked to family, and watched the annual videos I make for each child. That's a tradition we do every year. At church I sang a duet! what?! Yeah, I was pretty nervous since I've never done that before, but the song was verily easy and me and Lindsey harmonized good together. We had a family over for Christmas dinner (Medina's) and played with our new family toy: XBOX kinect the rest of the night. We had a great Christmas.
Sydney's photo album in the background and stocking stuff. This was the first year that I refused to put candy in the stockings. It's my "bah humbug" moment during the holidays.
This is raw beauty. If you ever wanna know what I look like in the morning. It could be worse, right? Okay, maybe not. I think I was excited that Santa put a People magazine in my stocking: the simple and mindless things in life.
Levi's new toy. Well it's used, but new to him :) Thanks to the toy exchange some friends had the month before.
Sydney loved her new watch. Teaching her to tell time old-school style--by the arms of the clock. No digital.
Jordyn with her new apron I made (mom helped too). The best thing is that it's reversible and the other side is purple and green. The girls love it (and so does Levi-I should've made him a manly one).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It warms a mother's heart to see her own dtr establishing wonderful traditions that don't exclude the Savior in the celebration of His birth. There really is nothing like the wild joy of kids on Christmas morning!! So precious!

trimarie said...

Love your Christmas traditions. I'm proud of you for singing a solo. Believe me, I know how nerve wracking that can be. I'm glad it went well. Wish I could have heard it. Give everyone hugs from Auntie Trina.