Monday, May 14, 2018

jorydn update

4th grade has been so great for you. Last year in 3rd grade, your teacher was Mrs. Wright. Although she was the nicest and sweetest teacher and person, she had a rough class to put it mildly. I believe you suffered from this. You didn't like school and it affected your outlook. You were very negative, emotional, and blamed others. I also think you felt like you didn't have control over things and I've learned that you like to have some control of your environment. So I took you to counseling. The counselor was great and worked with both of us. She talked you through how to deal with disappoint and expectations and having control over your feelings. We took a break over the summer and when 4th grade started, I kept a good eye on you, but I never felt like you needed to go back. You had new teachers, you had a regular schedule that was a routine and you thrived. I also learned that you like routine and you like having a schedule. Having a schedule I think makes you feel secure in your life. So, long story short. YOU have been amazing this year and your behaviors have improved dramatically. You discovered that reading before bed calms you and helps you fall asleep. You've gotten straight A's and earned the principal list every quarter. I'm so proud of you Jordyn. This was a trail that you had to work through. You're still learning, but you've come so far and I know you have gained self confidence and life lessons with this trial.
You've participated in piano, basketball, swim, another 10K, and activity days. You love being around people. Your good friends are Ava and Miya. You are thoughtful and have a lot of love in your heart. You also play with the Moncurs outside a lot. Last summer you did Raddish Kids for 6 months. It was a subscription to a cooking box. Every month a box came with 3 different recipes and you made it all. You love slime and squishies. You also like to read. You keep our family laughing with random things you say and do. You started doing your own laundry when you turned 10. Washing, drying, folding and putting away. You also just got a new room, you finally got a dresser and we painted your room purple.
A few months ago you shared an experience with me....A girl wasn't being that nice and you said you prayed about it and you had a feeling that the Spirit told you to ignore the girl and just be pleasant with her but not engage in the mean things she said. I thought that was very mature of you to recognize that. The Jordyn last year would have dwelled on the mean things and this Jordan prayed about it and then acted on the prompting you received. The next week you guys were friends again. You're becoming into a beautiful, intelligent, and mature young lady. WE love you immensely!
***just found out today you won Treasurer for next year. Last year you applied to Student Council and didn't get it. You were sad. I was proud when you decided to try again for Student Council and you wanted to be the Treasurer. You wrote a speech and presented it to teachers. A few days later, I couldn't wait to find out when you got off the bus. I texted one of the teachers and asked if she would tell me. She told me you got it and I was so happy for you. I called dad first to tell him the good news. When you got off the bus, I had congratulation balloons and a swig cookie to greet you with. It was a great day!

No comments: