Here's an outline of what I did. The theme was being a SUPER HERO Visiting Teacher. I was really nervous because the RS Stake Presidency was there and the Bishop came in too, not to mention all the sisters in the ward. The room was completely full.
1. Intro to Super Hero VT: ask the question: If you could have a super power, what would it be?
2. A Super Hero visiting teacher is.... have the sisters fill in the blank. write answers on board.
3. Show 2 min. clip "Visiting Teaching" from LDS dot org These qualities are super powers.
4. Introduce the 3 responsibilities from the handbook page 69. Love and Know each sister, Help strengthen her faith, and Give Service. Ask how can we accomplish these 3 things. i.e. pray for them, support, prepare lesson, etc.
Scripture Super Heros that exemplify each of these responsibilities: 1. love : 3rd ne 17: 21-22. 2. strengthen faith: Moroni 9:25. Third. Service: Christ washing Apostles feet.
6. Ward SUPER HERO VT examples.
love: Carrie Elordi
faith: Kristin Armstrong
service: Katrina Rico
7. Close: bear testimony, pass out hand out and new assignments.
I was pleased with how my lesson went, sister's comments throughout the lesson, and feedback afterwards. I'm thankful that Heavenly Father did inspire me with this lesson. I prayed for the Spirit to be present and I think there were several women who felt the Spirit so that alone I'm thankful for as well.
5 years ago