Wednesday, October 31, 2012

happy halloween

I can't believe I'm actually posting on the same day of the event. Wow, I'm on top of things! Okay, so don't go in my kitchen....that's kinda scary.
One of the things I was super excited about moving to Arizona was for Halloween. I pictured walking around with the kids for hours in warm weather, nothing like we experienced in Alaska.  Alaska's halloweens were disappointing; Christmas was awesome, but Halloween...not so much. So Arizona's halloween met and exceeded my expectations. We walked around for a few hours around our neighborhood. We never even got cold and I was wearing a skirt and flip flops. There were tons of kids walking around with their parents. It reminded me of old times when I was a kid. What exceeded my expectation was that here, people pass out candy in their driveways. They set up a table and in many cases bonfires and have their candy and decorations out. Adults catch up with neighbors and enjoy seeing the kids dressed up. It was like a massive block party. The roads were even closed so we didn't have to worry about cars! I loved it. The kids got more candy than they need. I'm considering offering them a trip to the toy store in exchange for their candy.
They are now comatosed, or rather asleep, in their beds from utter excitement from one of their favorite days of the year.
Alright, here are some pictures of their costumes.
 So up until yesterday Levi was going to be a pirate but a friend stopped by with this costume she had and Levi dropped the the pirate costume like a bad habit. So here is BUZZ. Of course he took off the purple hat and glasses within seconds. When he was going up to people he would say, "I WANT CANDY." By the end of the night he finally was saying "Trick or Treat" and he always said "thank you;" he's good at that phrase.
 Jordyn is our scary witch. She loved the fake, long nails and witch nose, but once she realized the nails were cumbersome to her holding her trick-or-treat bags, she pulled those off quick. Every time she would get another piece of candy she would proudly show us how much candy she had in her back.

 The funny clown. We actually didn't see any other clowns walking around. The nose even honked when you squeezed it. She loved her costume too. Sydney was running house to house with her friend always ahead of us, but would still wait. Next year will probably be a different story.

 All our crazies together. I added paint to Jordyn's face before trick-or-treating.
 Other halloween fun. The kids made these faces on the pumpkins and then last night we carved them
 Witch hats for dessert one night.
 Carving pumpkins
 Our final products
Lots of fun and good times this month...for sure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of the kids!! They are so cute!!! Did you carve the pumpkins? They're so professional! We sure miss you guys! (PS way to get things posted right away!!! kudos and love !!

Alice said...

your kids are cute

trimarie said...

Super cute!!!