Monday, November 8, 2010

Freezin' for a Reason

I am trying to fundraise money for Special Olympics in Alaska. Many of you know that I worked with special need kids before having children. I have many wonderful memories of the friendships made with working with this population. As much as I love being a mom, I also love working closely with special needs kids and the Special Olympics organization. Please visit this website. If I can raise $100 for Special Olympics then I can take the polar plunge along with other people that have raised money. Just check out the website. If I take the plunge, you will be sure to see the video. Thanks for your support. xoxo

www.firstgiving.com/laurenshaw1

P.S. In exchange for your donation I will do something of service for you i.e. shovel your driveway, send a postcard, give you a ride to the airport, give you a "bear hug," watch your kids.

More pictures to come when I take the PLUNGE.

3 comments:

Erickson Family said...

Lauren ~ I love popping in on your blog. Your growing family always has so many fun adventures to read about. I'll go on and donate for your plunge.. you just have to send pictures! Anything for the Special Olympics! Good luck to you and tell Jeff "Sullivan" says hello!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! What a great cause! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

I just figured out how to leave a comment- I'm so excited to see the girls open the Barbies I sent. That makes me happy to see them enjoy our gift. They are getting so grown up. I just have to come see you this summer. Let's find a way- love you all Mom