Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Marlboro

I bet you never thought you would see a cigarette brand as title of one of my blog posts. This morning on the way to the gym I was at a red light. At the gas station they were advertising that you could get a $1.00 off 72's Marlboro (whatever that means...I'm guessing a big carton?) I kinda laughed at the thought of a smoker saving a whoppin' dollar. I understand that smoking can be an addiction, but do smokers really care about saving money since they're wasting (I mean spending) $8.38 for the cost of a pack of cigs? That's how much a pack costs in Anchorage. I know because Jeff pushes Chantix- a smoking cessation aid to help people quit smoking. I've heard my fair share of smoking, nicotine, and costs. Jeff knows not to inform me of the science aspect of how the pill works as he knows it will go over my head. My point....."TOO MUCH SMOKE WILL LEAVE YOU BROKE."
Some other slogans I like:
1. Smoking? You must be joking...

2.If you can’t stop smoking, cancer will.

3. Put it out before it puts you out.

4. Breathe healthily, live happily.

5. Trash the Ash.

6. Smoke away your worries, not your lungs.

7. Tar the roads, not your lungs.

3 comments:

Alice said...

That's great. I can't stand smoking and can't believe that anyone starts.

Melissa said...

Amen!

Amy said...

Once in a grocery store Kai made me follow him down the "booze aisle" I asked what he was doing and he let me know he was calculating how much money we were saving by being sober. I thought it was funny!

I have never understood the desire to take the first puff on a cig, they smell bad and they kill you. Not a winning combo in my book.