Friday, July 15, 2011

Prayer Rocks

Prayer rocks have been around for A LONG time. This is the idea behind a prayer rock. When you wake up in the morning, you put the prayer rock on your pillow so when you lay your head on the pillow at night, you remember to say your prayers. When you go to bed at night, you put the rock on the floor so when you wake up in the morning and step on the rock, you remember to say your prayers. A few weeks ago we were throwing rocks at a river near our home and I found some big smooth rocks. I thought about prayers rocks, but the one/s (I think I got a few when I was a kid) teachers gave me were always that gray, bland, rock color. So thanks to some blogs I got the idea to paint them. I primed, spray painted and then personalized each rock, modged podged them, and viola...a super fun, colorful prayer rock.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love the rock wall! My kids would love that but I think it wouldn't work on our 8ft ceilings. Good luck with your new calling. I'm sure that's a huge job with all the military people coming and going.

Alice said...

This has got to be the coolest thing ever. Finn is a HUMUNGOUS climber and would love this. He's always bouncing off the walls. This is even more incentive to buy a house. Your basement sounds like my sisters in NJ. She has 2 wild boys and it snows a lot. I love your little climber, don't let her marry Finn, they would produce wild climbing babies.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! How did you get your words on? My handwriting is horrible and I want mine to look as nice as yours :)