Friday, March 22, 2013

38 1/2 weeks

Wow. I'm so close and my patience is wearing thin. My last OB appt was on Thursday. I was a little discouraged when she told me nothing had progressed. I thought for sure I'd be dilated more, but not the case. She mentioned she could strip my membranes (GROSS) next week if I wanted. Not sure if I will do it or not. But my parents and sister are coming in a week so that is exciting and of course expecting to see our little girl. I wonder what she'll look like, which kid she'll favor. I know she'll have her own look, but I'm happy to feel like our family is complete with her in our home. I pray that she'll have a happy, positive, optimistic personality and outlook on life.

It's been getting hotter here but with that has come very swollen feet and major hot flashes. I officially have cankles. Cankles are heinous, at least on me. And these hot flashes are killer. I no longer will berate women in menopause complaining about hot flashes. I didn't realize just how hot you feel. Most times I get so hot it feels like my ears are going to ignite in flames. I seriously hate to complain knowing how healthy me and baby are. Most of the time I feel great. I've been going to a chiropractor that helps out with some discomfort in my lower back/hips and I'm hopeful that it will aid in a great delivery. I've still been doing pilates and zumba. I'm also hopeful that my continual exercise throughout pregnancy will help in a speedy recovery. I've been feeling so great that I've accomplished more projects around the house. This week I got our garden ready and planted with many vegetables and some fruit: cantaloupe, strawberries, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cilantro, and watermelon. We moved into a home that already had some raised beds. I've always wanted a garden and with the help of a friend with a green thumb she encouraged me to start this. The baby's room is finished and I had the itch to repaint a previous table I had and I did some other decorating stuff. I'm not sure where the energy has come from but am grateful for all the things I've been able to get done. I know once the baby gets here, I'll put a pause on everything else. You know when you get a letter in the mail that isn't junk mail and you're super excited to open it. Well on Wednesday I got a package from a friend. It was like a Christmas morning. I was so excited to open it and was ecstatic to see a baby quilt, 2 blankets, and burp cloths she made me. You'd be excited too if you knew what an amazing quilter she is. I love her work!
 One side of the room. I plan to put a large canvas picture of the baby over her crib. I love the shabby chic dresser I bought on craigslist.
 The quilt my friend made me. Isn't it awesome?! I love the colors and the design.
 One side of the garden. Thank you to the previous owners who built the raised beds and added the little sprinkler system too.
 I decided I needed a bright, sunny color such as YELLOW to add to my home.
 The other raised bed. It's a little taller for veggies that grow longer roots. I also enjoy our 3 orange trees, grapefruit tree, and lemon tree.
 In the past I've glazed but this time I distressed by sanding and I like it a lot better. This was my 3 refinish project and it's my favorite by far.
The other side of the room. We have a daybed in her room for visitors and it will probably be Sydney's room in a few years when the baby outgrows her crib.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG The pictures are amazing. the room looks adorable; I love the color of pink you used. I think the quilt I made will look cute in there, but I'm afraid I can't compete with your friend!! Her quilt is soooo cute!! I loved the "projects!".The table looks great and the garden looks promising. Sorry you're so uncomfortable. Hope your accomplishments compensate in some way for the discomfort!!!

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know I LOVE reading your blog and keeping up to date with you and the kids! Can't wait to meet your new daughter (my new great-niece) much love to all!!

Aunt Karol