Okay so I'm officially done having kids. I'm not really sad about it like you might think. I know I will miss having a newborn and holding a little one in my arms, but I can't have babies forever. I know I'll cherish the innocence of babies, toddlers, and sweet young people. I also look forward to diaper-less days, no car seats, going on a date with no babysitter, vacationing and doing activities with the entire family, not just half because some aren't tall enough, or can't stay up without a nap, etc.
With the thought of moving forward, I've reflected on the past 9 years and these are some stats from bearing children and having babies.
1. In 8 years I was pregnant 40 months. Of those 40 months I was seriously sick 12 months (1 year).
2. Over the course of 8 years, with the 4 pregnancies, I gained a total of 190 lbs. Thankfully with hard work I lost 200 lbs in 8 years.
3. I have breast fed 41 months (3 years 5 months) over a 8 year span. I've been from a size B bra to who knows how large, I wasn't about to spend money on a double D bra or larger. How depressing! I wish I could tell you how many cups/gallons of milk I produced.
4. Being awaken in the night is a minimum of 4 years total over the course of 8 years.
5. Diapers? who knows.
6. We moved 3 times in 3 different states.
7. I was pregnant and gave birth during an Alaskan winter, need I say more?
Was it worth it...Definitely! Like the Grinch, my heart's capacity grew 4 times the normal amount. I love the 4 individuals I gave life to more than I can write in words. I'm tremendously grateful for these gifts and blessings my Heavenly Father has granted Jeff and I.
I will look forward to holding grand babies in my future and cherish the memories I have of holding, consoling, and loving my own little ones.
6 years ago