Monday, October 10, 2011

Jordyn's ears pierced

Jordyn has been wanting to get her ears pierced for quite some time. She watches Sydney change out her earrings regularly and desires to do the same. I've been stalling to get it done because....well just go to a dr. visit w/ me and you'll know why. Even when we're at the dr. for Levi and not her, she cries FOR Levi when he gets his shot. But this past Saturday we headed to the mall to get her ears pierced, knowing she would cry and perhaps cause a scene. Unfortunately for her there was only 1 person certified to pierce ears so she couldn't pierce both ears at the same time. I told her it would hurt a little bit and she still wanted to go through w/ it. Here are the pictures:

1. before: putting dots on ears.
2. Here we go.....
3. This was a bad idea. OUCH.
4. 1 min. later--got my sucker. It's all good.
5. See, I got my ears pierced. I look so pretty.
Jordyn did a lot better than I ever expected. Not like how she reacts to a shot. She didn't cause a scene; rather, she took it like a woman. When we were leaving the mall, she told everyone we passed by, "look I got my ears pierced." Most people were talking to each other or on their cell phones so no one even heard her, but I did, and it was adorable.

1 comment:

Coordination Queen said...

So cute. Ky still doesn't have hers pierced. She told me the other day she wanted them pierced the day before her 9th birthday... Which amazingly is just around the corner.