Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hello Arizona

We arrived to Arizona Sunday night (July 1st). We had a layover in Seattle. Levi threw up on him and me on the 1st flight and had a blow out on the second flight; so, he arrived to Arizona wearing only his shoes and diaper. I didn't bring a change of clothes. His first words when we were outside was, "hot here." Sydney said, "everyone is so tan, " and then waved and said hi to what looked like some thug kinda guy. Jordyn noticed the cactus right away and all this before we got our 10 bags of luggage.  It was all true. I agreed with each of them. What I noticed besides what the kids already mentioned was the 4 lane freeway and lots and lots of shopping. I kinda was excited about it all, nothing like when I first got to Alaska. That was scary to me. This felt good. Good that we're closer to family, that it's warm, that there's lots to do with kids, etc. It feels familiar to me, even though I've never really been here. Thankfully I have 1 friend who has been more than kind to invite me to places and show me around. That helps a ton! So far we've gone swimming every day, been to the zoo, and saw an amazing firework show last night. Currently we're renting a furnished condo in Gilbert. It has an awesome clubhouse with a huge pool with sand around it, other pools, covered playgrounds, a gym and other amenities. I love that I just know what the weather is going to be...HOT. We can wear shorts, short sleeve shirts, and flip flops everyday. Yesterday it did rain, but it was still in the 80's and felt perfect. Monday night we looked at the home we're interested in buying. I like it. It has character and I'm excited to make it our own. I love that it has a pool, trees, soft water, storage, and lots of room. In a nutshell, we're loving it here! We have plans to visit CA and Sedona soon and can't wait to have friends and family visit us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading all three blogs! What a great miracle for the kids to see an answer to prayer! I couldn't believe the salmon, and I loved hearing the details of your first few days in AZ. I thinks the shaws make an adventure out of all their experiences. Get some form of communication-SOON!! We miss you and love you all!!! XOXOX

Kirsten said...

Yay! I'm excited for you to be somewhere hot! It's so nice to have a friend already there too.

Andrew and Cori said...

I'm so excited you are going to be relatively close by! I'm planning on coming to visit and I expect to see you too. ;)

Josh, Kristin, Isabella and Carson said...

So excited for you guys! The feelings you expressed are similiar to how I felt when we arrived here...it just felt more like home, something familiar..even though I too had never been here. I love so much about Alaska, but to me it will always be an amazing vacation desitination with lots of awesome great memories and excitement, but its not home. Enjoy the sunshine! I hope we can see each other again sometime in the future! You are always welcome in our home in Charleston!