Thursday, July 26, 2012

the FOURTH

It was a nice change to experience the 4th of July in traditional fashion: bbq, swimming, friends/family and fireworks (at a decent hour). We had only been in AZ for 3 days so we didn't have a good idea about events held here. Thankfully our friends invited us over to their family's home for swimming, bbq, and then we saw an amazing firework show. I did think a lot about the military families I knew in Alaska. I think my patriotism grew stronger having known and rubbed shoulders with many people who fight for the freedoms of our country. I also think about a grandfather who (if I remember right) was in the Army during WWII serving in the South Pacific and another grandfather who was a pilot in WWII. The sacrifices of many men and women today and in the past are inspiring.



No comments: