Friday, January 25, 2013

Potty Training

Hearing those two words put together makes me cringe. I don't look forward to it. My first one, Miss Sydney, is the reason why I cringe. Because of some major digestive tract issues, it took about 3 years before she was potty trained. Jordyn took a weekend. Complete opposite of what I had experienced before. I was extremely grateful for that since Levi was just 3 weeks old and she was only 2 years 3 months old. With Levi, I wanted to try after all the holidays and traveling but before the baby was born. Just a try. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much. I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. I have heard boys take longer to train. But I've been waiting until he showed me that he was ready and it seems like around age 3 is a good age for boys. One day last week he told me that he needed to be changed and on another occasion I was talking to him and he told me he was peeing in his diaper. This gave me the motivation to try right then and there. 2-3 days later and viola, Levi, my favorite 2 year old, is potty trained.  Skittles were very helpful for him. He loves candy. Now he's been accident free for 5 days now so I'm sayin' he's potty trained, well during the day at least. Of course I can't stop staring at his small little buns in those small little underwear. So I'm 2 for 3 on good experiences with the whole potty training thing, maybe I can change my views on it now.
Speaking of Levi he is such a joy in our life. So chill. Very upbeat, adventurous, daring, smart, and not emotional like some little girls I know. Jordyn started preschool in the afternoon so Levi and I have spent more time in the afternoons. He likes helping me fix things up (I've been nesting). He's my little sidekick and I couldn't ask for a better one. He loves to help me cook, he's always wanting to wrestle (of course I can't do that all that well in my current state of pregnancy), he loves to kiss the baby (my belly), reading books, working with tools, playing catch or kicking a ball back and forth, and playing with the Ipad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levi is pure joy!!! I loved his boxing picture and I'm so happy that he is out of diapers. You have been blessed!!