Sunday, September 29, 2013

funny conversation

Tonight getting ready for bed:
Jordyn in whining voice and about to cry says, "I want to tell you something, but you're gonna get me in trouble."
Me: "Sometimes telling mommy the truth isn't easy, but I'm really happy when you are honest."
Jordyn: "I can't tell you cuz you're gonna get me in trouble."
Me: "I promise you won't get in trouble. We can talk about it."
Jordyn cries and says quickly, "I punched a missionary's bottom at church because I thought it was you!"
Me (and Jeff. He overheard) started laughing. We couldn't help it. I was expecting her to confess to something bad. So we talked about her being embarrassed and I told her a couple stories of my own where I mistook someone for someone else.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh that is so sad and cute at the same time!!!

gammie said...

I've felt that way before! poor thing! yet so Jordan! I love it!!!