Wednesday, May 1, 2013

1 month

I can't believe it's been a month since Macie has been born. It's gone by so fast. Our little girl is doing a good job at growing. At her 2 week visit she had already grown 1 3/4 inches. She was 22 1/4 inches tall (96 %ile). I'm sure she's even taller now. We weighed her on on 4/27 and she currently weights 10 lbs. 2 oz.
So what has the past month been like....
Macie has been my best newborn sleeper EVER. I'm not exaggerating when I say she sleeps through the night. She's done this for 2 weeks with the exception of two nights. She's been sleeping from 10:30ish pm to 6:30ish am. With 7-8 hours of sleep I am one happy mom. I'm just hoping this lasts but I've been around the block to know that things can change. Her fussy time is 7:30-10:30 at night. During the day she sleeps, eats, goes potty, and has a little bit of awake time. She likes to be held. She likes to stare at the ceiling fan and our canopy bed. The kids love her and love on her constantly. Macie loves being in the baby Bjorn carrier and she loves bath time too. My new favorite app is Noise Box. It makes white noise or rain/ocean noises that soothes her. Her first outing was last week. Jeff and I escaped to the movies and Macie tagged along. We saw the movie 42 (good one). She pretty much slept in my arms the whole time. 

 The other day I went to Costco with just her and Levi. I wasn't planning on it, but I ended up feeding her half way into our shopping trip and then of course she pooped and I just changed it on the bench in the middle of the store (thankfully no one saw), then Levi had to go to the bathroom. I put her back into her carseat and she cried the whole time. Finally got to the car to open the back and realized there were 2 bikes back there, my phone is ringing, and I'm being pressed for time now because I have to run home and then pick up Sydney and Levi now is whining for a popsicle. You know, just a typical day. Please tell me you can relate.
But then I come home, relax, cool down (cuz it's getting hot now), and get some cuddle time. I love all my little kiddos I get to raise and be with forever.

 I plan on using this chalkboard idea and documenting her growth for 11 more months. The chair and car seat will give me a reference just how much she grows month to month. By the rate of this past month I think this year will fly by.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can totally relate!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone! She is so sweet! and lucky you to get soooo much sleep! happy baby - happy mommy!!