Thursday, April 14, 2011

A few updates

1. St. Patty's Day
St. Patrick's Day morning the girls woke up to find green things in their shoe along with gold coins and nuggets. We played hide and seek with 4 leaf clovers. The gold ones were worth more points.

2. Gift for friend
It was my friend's birthday and she went on a cruise. I made her this little gift for her birthday and trip from a 6 pack of root beer. Initially, I wanted to put candy in each glass bottle but the glass bottles were brown. Clear bottles would be cuter so you could see all the colorful candy. I'll have to try that again.

3. Personal Progress
A few months ago I was put into Young Womens. It had been 8 years since I last was in YW so I am excited to work with youth again. I decided that I would complete all the personal progress projects like I did when I was in high school. This project was part of "Good Works." I relearned how to sew again and work a machine. I sewed 4 dresses for Little Dresses for Africa. Little Dresses for Africa is a non-profit, Christian based organization which provides relief to the children of Africa. Simple dresses are made and distributed through the orphanages, churches and schools in Africa to plant in the hearts of little girls that they are worthy! They had me and others follow a certain pattern. They also have a pattern to sew shorts for boys. Don't hate the fabric they were donated to me. Other women in my ward sewed dresses as well. We're sending about 150 dresses to this organization in Africa next week.

4. Moose
As I was driving Sydney and her friend to preschool I freaked out after I drove by this beast. I didn't see it until I was driving past it. Unless they're in the street they kinda just camouflage in the forest. Of course it seemed a lot bigger and closer in person. I made a u-turn and drove by it again so the car full of kiddos could see the moose.

No comments: